The vast ocean that is online dating, is everyone’s favorite. You see a ton of apps and website, sign in easily and enjoy dating &relationships. But there are certain tips and rules you must know and follow when it comes to online dating. Here are 10 of them in a nutshell.
1) Choose the site wisely: A lot of us just see a dating site and sign-up to it for some silly reason like its free or its popular. This is a bad move. First, you need to know what exactly you are looking out for and choose the app wisely as such. Your interests should be your highest priority.
2) Personal details: You should know about what to share and what to avoid. A good, personal photo of you is a must for any dating profile to work. Share your activities and interests to get suitable matches easily. But this doesn’t mean you should share all your personal data or stuff online. Be aware,stay safe and have fun.
3) Etiquettes and manners: Online etiquette is always a unique thing and still unknown to many. For online dating, the most important manners to follow are – be honest, be polite &respectful, stay away from exaggerations, no misrepresentations or fake accounts, avoid vulgarity and abuse. On a lighter note, try and be cheerful, open and go easy on it. Its just a fun app after all.
4) Be classy &elegant: Just because you follow nice manners doesn’t mean you can be content with it. Few fine tips to stay classy in the game are – do not beg or nag about stuff, personalize your greetings, figure out certain things for your own without questions and don’t play games with real people on the lookout for real relationships. Stay Cool!
5) Don’t be extreme: When it comes to online dating, keep your options open. As much as you want to look for similar interests, you shouldn’t shy away from interesting potential match options. This will add more fun to your online dating experience.
6) Less is more:This is important. Keep a thumb rule to yourself that you should wait at least for 7 days to open up to a potential match. Start with likes, pokes, messages that just convey hello and good morning. There’s nothing wrong with that. This will givemore confident and strategic approach to your dating experience.
7) Get ready for rejection: Yes, the sour thing we all hate; rejection. And its a sure thing when we are talking about online dating. Some people are way too good at it. The right attitude is to not give up, stay comfortable and try again. Well, with a new match of course (Smile). But don’t get disheartened and deactivate your account.
8) Do not settle for less: You are awesome and you know it. Then why would you settle for less? Do not even think about it. One important merit of online dating is to be free and pick the right match that matches your dreams. On a side note, don’t get too choosy either (give it a chance – its not a big deal if he doesn’t know the lyrics of your favorite song).
9) Know some tricks: Its a tough, competitive world out there and online dating is no different. Here are a few tricks that might help you with dating – have a great pic, know that Sundays are best time to spend for online dating (proven statistics), possess a charming, splendid pick up line, reply and respond soon, etc. You will learn the rest along the way.
10) Knowing the truth: And what exactly is that? Online dating is not your only option to be in a relationship. Go out, see things, meet people, take care and feel the love. You would only love people and their activities online, if you have experienced and felt those interactions in person. Even though the term is online dating, you are actually submitting yourself to a cause that involves the real you and your better half. Never forget that.